Eight Things To Do This Summer

by - Tuesday, July 14, 2015

     



     Yesterday was the day I received my exam marks and yesterday was also the day I finally felt like I was free from school. I didn't know if I would have to repeat one of my exams, so the anxiety was kind of always there. But now I'm free and ready to enjoy summer.

    Last week, I decided to write down all things I wanted to do this Summer and whilst doing so, I thought 'why not do a blogpost about this?', so here it is! My list is longer than this, but I decided to share with you guys the ones I feel people can relate to (and do) more.

1- READ, READ, READ!

     I feel like Summer is the perfect time to read. You have plenty of time to do so  and  you can do it at the beach, by the pool, at a coffee shop, or anywhere you want to.
I'm almost finished with 'Grey' by E.L. James, which I'm loving, and I already have another book on my desk to read.
     I have a list of books I would like to read this Summer, but I'm always up to add some more books to it, so if you have a suggestion, leave a comment.


2-FIND NEW RESTAURANTS/COFFEE SHOPS 

     I love food and I love coffee, so I made a promise to myself that I would try to find new places to go, since I'm getting kind of tired of going to the same places all over again.
     This summer I want to try food from different countries/cultures. I want to experience new flavors and everything involved. I'm dying to try Greek and Mexican food! I already printed out some recipes to try at home and maybe if they turn out good, I'll post them here!


3- VISIT MUSEUMS/ART GALLERIES 

     For a few months now, I've been obsessing over museums. I think it's because I've always had a thing for art (not like I'm good at it, I just like to appreciate it). I want to visit as many museums/ art galleries as I can, preferably ones that have a display of modern, minimalist  paintings/sculptures.


4- TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF 

     I feel like, with school, I don't have any time for myself. I'm always either studying, writing essays or something like that and I barely have the time to sleep or eat.
     This summer, I decided I'm going to take time for myself and treat myself- that means having pamper days, spend a day by myself, splurge on something I really like and much more.



5- GO TO ALL SORTS OF FESTIVALS 

     Food festivals, music festivals, you name it. Just GO! They are great and so much fun. I'm lucky enough to have two music festivals on my city and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to at least one of them. It's a great way to showcase your festival style and wear clothes you wouldn't wear on a daily basis.


6- LEARN SOMETHING NEW 

     It doesn't matter if it's a new language, a new recipe, a new makeup trick, it's always great to learn something new (and something you actually want to learn because, let's be honest here, you don't want to learn 95% of what you have to learn at school).
     I want to learn new recipes so that if I go away for college, I don't end up eating pasta everyday.


7- WATCH THAT MOVIE/TV SHOW YOU WANTED TO... 

     ... but couldn't because of school!
     As I said above, school takes up A LOT of my time, so I couldn't watch the movies/TV shows I wanted to. Now that I have tons of free time, I'm going to watch all the movies and shows that I want to.


8- ENJOY THE POOL/ BEACH 

     This is something I need to do. I have easy access to various swimming pools and the beach is only 25 minutes away form home, so I need to make the most of it. The thing is: I'm not very fond of beaches. My mom is always on my case about this, saying I should enjoy the pool and the beach.
     I do need to get tanned (I look like Snow White right now!) so, I think I'm going to take that advice.


     And here are a few suggestions for you guys! If you have any other thing you would like to add to this list, comment down bellow!



You May Also Like

0 comentários

Instagram